Photo Gallery: Incredible Community Generosity During COVID-19
June 15, 2020
Update as of March 30, 2021: Throughout the past year, we’ve continued to receive remarkable community support through in-kind donations. More than 80,000 meals have been donated to feed our frontline workers and hundreds of thousands of items of PPE have been gifted to Denver Health from more than 100 individuals and corporations. We’re happy to report that we now have a steady supply of PPE equipment and can recycle used, processed N95 masks that were stored in case of greater need that outpaced supply. Due to donor generosity, this precaution was never needed. Thank you!
Over the past few weeks, countless in our community have come together to support Denver Health, its healthcare workers, and the patients they care for. Since mid-March, the Foundation and Volunteer Services teams have fielded hundreds of calls from individuals and organizations with items to donate. That’s led to:
- PPE: 690,569 pieces including 167,863 medical masks, 155,434 N95 masks, 319,808 gloves and 47,464 gowns
- Meals: 45,000 donated from over 125 organizations
- Grab ‘n Go Snacks: 20,000
- Coffee: 100 cups of Starbucks coffee per shift
- Non-surgical masks: 5,000
- Shoes: 3,500 Crocs
- Toys: 80 toy boxes from the David & Laura Merage Foundation distributed to children of EVS workers
Below are photos of some of the many donations we’ve received. Thank you to everyone in our phenomenal community (and across the U.S. and globe!) who donated to support Denver Health during COVID-19.