Newly Formed Ambassadors Alliance Unites Denver Health Champions
May 26, 2021
In order to advance the health and well-being of our city, the Denver Health Foundation needs a strong base of community support.
To help further our reach, a special group of local leaders and influencers, comprised of those who have served with distinction on the Denver Health Foundation or Denver Health & Hospital Authority Board, have volunteered to become ambassadors for Denver Health.
The group – known as the Ambassadors Alliance – engages former board members to develop important relationships in our community. Ambassadors will augment the Denver Health Foundation Board of Directors in their efforts to raise awareness, develop relationships with community leaders and philanthropists, and secure financial resources for Denver Health.
“We wanted to harness the collective experience of decades of combined leadership of individuals who have served in various Denver Health board positions,” said Michael Pollak, originator of the Ambassadors Alliance concept. “The idea is to leverage our relationships in the community to further support and serve Denver Health by keeping current on new major initiatives and developments.”
“I chose to be a part of the Alliance because of my history and the history of my family,” said the Honorable Wellington E. Webb, former Denver Mayor. “I’m an advocate for what I helped create.”
We’re grateful to those who have committed to lending their voices to Denver Health’s programs and initiatives through the Ambassadors Alliance:
- Bruce Alexander, President and CEO, Vectra Bank
- James Q. Crowe, Former CEO, Level 3 Communications
- Steve Demby, Senior Partner, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
- Daryl Edmonds, Vice President of Provider Networks – West Region, Anthem
- Hubert Farbes, Partner, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
- Rus Heise, Former Investment Banker, RBC Capital Markets
- Evan Makovsky, Co-founder and Managing Partner, Shames Makovsky Realty Company
- Evi Makovsky, Adjunct Professor, University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work and University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Michael Pollak, Former CEO, Hyde Park Jewelers
- The Honorable Wellington E. Webb, Former Denver Mayor
- Aaron Wieblehaus, Vice President and General Manager, Turner Construction Company
The Denver Health Foundation is incredibly grateful these dedicated individuals have chosen to continue their service on behalf of Denver Health, and looks forward to the new ways they will impact the Denver community.