When you make a gift to the Denver Health Foundation, you have flexibility in determining how you’d like to give as well as in how the funds will be used.
- Monthly Gift – Make giving easy on yourself and still provide great impact by giving a monthly donation. Recurring donations ensure that funds are in place to further the hospital’s mission of delivering the highest quality care to all.
- Major Gift – A major gift is defined as a gift between $10,000 and $1 million. Donors may make a single donation in a given year, a formal pledge of multiple gifts within a calendar year or a formal pledge over several years.
- Leadership Gift – A leadership gift creates a lasting legacy. These gifts begin at $1 million and can be made as a single donation, or via a formal pledge with payments made over the course of a year or several years.
- Child Care Contribution Tax Credit - The Child Care Contribution Tax Credit aims to encourage contributions to support child care in Colorado. Colorado state taxpayers who make a monetary contribution to promote child care in Colorado may claim a state income tax credit of 50% of the total contribution. The credit shall not exceed $100,000 or the taxpayer's tax liability for the year. Any excess credit may be carried forward for up to five years. A contribution to the Denver Health Foundation for the Child and Adolescent Behavioral Endowment qualifies for a Child Care Contribution Tax Credit equal to 50% of the charitable amount of your donation. To help you claim this credit, the Foundation will require your social security number or Colorado Taxpayer I.D. number. Once we have received your information, our staff will complete a Child Care Contribution Tax Credit form for each eligible donation. If you give multiple gifts to the Foundation over the tax year, we will prepare a form for each gift. We will then send the form(s) to you. You should plan to keep the form(s) for your records.
- Denver Enterprise Zone Tax Credit - The Denver Enterprise Zone is a State of Colorado tax credit program that aims to encourage projects that enhance the overall economic development of depressed areas in the city. Any taxpayer who makes a monetary or in-kind contribution to a certified Denver Enterprise Zone Contribution Project may take a tax credit of up to $100,000 against their state tax liability per tax year for cash contributions. The total credit is limited to 25% of the charitable amount for cash contributions and 12.5% for stock gifts. Any excess credit may be carried forward for up to 5 years. Please note that you must file your Colorado income tax return electronically in order to claim the DEZ credit. Your contribution(s) to the Foundation qualifies for a 2015 Colorado State Income Tax Credit equal to 25% of the charitable amount of your gift* (or 12.5% for stock gifts). To help you claim this credit, the Foundation will require your social security number or Colorado Taxpayer I.D. number. Once we have received your information, our staff will complete a DEZ form for each eligible donation. If you gave multiple gifts to the Foundation in 2015, we will prepare a form for each gift. We will then send the form(s) to you. You should plan to keep the form(s) for your records.
- Deferred Gift – These gifts come to us as bequests from an individual, family or charitable trust; as a charitable gift annuity; as retirement plan assets; as life insurance; or as retained life estate. They create hope and healing for the future, while offering tax-wise solutions for donors.
- Tribute Gifts – Some of our most poignant gifts are given in memory of a loved one or to honor a loved one or a staff member who’s made a difference. The Strear Family Garden at Denver Health, a colorful and creatively landscaped environment filled with flowers, natural grasses, shade trees and native plants, presents a unique dedication opportunity. Located outside the hospital's main entrance, the garden is an inviting, relaxing space for everyone who receives care or works at Denver Health. With a gift of $200 or $500, you can arrange for a special message to be engraved on a brick paver placed along the winding paths of the garden.
- Matching Gifts – Does your employer offer a matching grant or matching gift program? When you give in this way, the impact of your gift is multiplied.
- Denver Health Employee Giving – This payroll deduction plan allows employees to support Denver Health's exceptional research, state-of-the-art patient care and everything in between.