Dear Friend of Denver Health Foundation,
In a world of sky-rocketing medical costs and high unemployment, the little things really count. This is why Denver Health continues to rely on its generous donors year after year. You are the reason we can help:
- 3,200 babies born at Denver Health, 90% of whom are born into families living below the federal poverty level, with basic care needs like diapers, wipes, blankets, warm pajamas, onesies, bath items, teething rings and books
- 4,000 low-income women receive screening and diagnostic mammograms
- 8,620 Denver Public School students who receive health care at our School-Based Health Clinics that they might otherwise go without
- 69,000 patients who receive uncompensated care because they are poor, elderly, uninsured or homeless
Best of all, your financial support ensures Denver Health’s national model of health care success continues to meet the highest quality standards for each and every patient. We can keep proving to the world that a safety-net hospital, which will deliver $450 million in uninsured care this year alone, can also deliver nationally ranked care in trauma, orthopedics, urology, infectious disease and complications due to eating disorders for anyone who needs it.
Not surprisingly, the demand for services at Denver Health is escalating at an overwhelming pace. More of Denver’s residents – probably someone you know – are losing their health insurance. Even worse, more than 50 percent of our uninsured patients are employed yet still can’t afford insurance.
This is where you can help. With a small effort from many of you, we can make a big difference.
- A gift of $25 helps patients with their medication co-pays to maintain their diabetes
- A gift of $50 provides a pair of eyeglasses to an elderly patient
- A gift of $75 enables us to give shampoo, baby lotion, hats, diapers, booties, receiving blankets and bibs to 5 new babies
- A gift of $100 covers co-pays for four follow-up physical therapy appointments for trauma patients
- A gift of $200 provides hearing aids to patients with profound hearing loss
Please consider making a donation today via our web site at www.denverhealthfoundation.org. And remember, no matter how large or small, your support helps Denver Health continue to be a vital resource for Denver.
With sincere appreciation,
Denver Health Foundation